Alect Electrical Services have fully qualified engineers to carry out an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) for domestic and commercial clients at short notice across the UK. We offer a highly competitive service carried out to our exceptional high standards which will meet all of your business needs.
A Electrical installation condition report (EICR) will tell you the following:
- If the electrical circuits are of good condition and safe to use.
- Whether or not there is risk of electric shock.
- Any defective electrical work been installed.
- Recommendations for the earthing within the building.
- An inspection of the condition of the consumer unit.
The IEE recommend the following maximum periods of time between inspections and testing:
- Private Domestic Installations should be tested every 10 years or change of occupancy.
- Rented Domestic Installations should be tested every 5 years or change of occupancy.
- Commercial Installations require testing 5 years or change of occupancy.
- Industrial Installations are required to be tested 3 years or a change of occupancy.
Once we have completed the EICR we will work with you and provide a clear plan of any works needed to make your property fully compliant with the latest regulations. Any immediate issues will be reported to you straight away for your safety. We will make sure you have the documentation you need should any incident arise and help you avoid any financial or legal penalties.
Electrical testing services for Landlords
With new regulation coming into force on July 1st 2020 it is essential for Landlords to have an electrical condition report carried out for all new tenancies. After that it will be required every 5 years, or whenever there is a change of occupancy. Alect Electrical Services are able to perform the Electrical installation condition reports to the highest standard.
By carrying out the electrical installation condition reports available, we will ascertain any damage to the electrical equipment within your property; whether that be general wear and tear or anything more substantial. We will also highlight any wiring that doesn’t meet the standards set out in the IEE Wiring Regulations, as well as any equipment that poses an electric shock risk.
We are also able to carry out a number of other electrical testing such as PAT and installation testing. It is important that these vital checks are carried out to reduce the risk of electrical fires breaking out, keeping everyone within your property safe.